wxruby-dev

[Wxruby-dev] How to help (was: Status report)

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: [Wxruby-dev] How to help (was: Status report)
Date: 25 Jun 2003 08:01:19 -0700

On Wed, 2003-06-25 at 06:20, KONTRA Gergely wrote:
> I just want to ask, wheter wxruby is announced at the ruby site, ...
>
> So, if I'd like to use or help in the work, where should I go?
> Is there any FAQ how to help?

The current version of wxruby is available from anonymous cvs at our
savannah site: https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/wxruby/

Right now, it basiclly works, but:
- We are changing all the names to make them more ruby-like
- It will sometimes crash (segfault)
- Some class methods are missing
- It has not been tested under MS Windows recently

After we finish the big renaming, we will do an alpha release. And at
that time, it will become easier to split the work between multiple
people, because things will be more stable. The easiest and most
important way people could help is by testing that release, and
reporting any problems.

I will try to think of other tasks that you (and other people) could do.
It would help me if you could describe your skills and interests.

Thanks!

Kevin