wxruby-dev

RE: [Wxruby-dev] Upcoming Alpha Release?

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [Wxruby-dev] Upcoming Alpha Release?
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 15:13:46 -0500

Kevin Smith wrote:

> I think I can be ready for an Alpha release this weekend. As far as I
> know, the only coding that has to be done before we release is finishing
> the "big renaming". Ideally we would also update the sample to
> demonstrate our recommended coding patterns (no global include).

This is fantastic! Good work!

> I propose we release these packages:
>
> 1. Linux binary (wxruby.so). Eventually I would like it to be statically
> linked with wxWindows, but maybe not for this version. Eventually I
> would like to add .RPM and .DEB packages, but those can wait!
>
> 2. Windows binary (wxruby.so). We should only release this if we
> (someone other than me) can build and test it. Again, I would prefer
> that it statically link wxWindows.

I will do this.

> 3. Samples (the samples/ directory).
>
> 4. Source (the src/ directory). I'm not sure this is absolutely
> necessary--maybe we could require people to use CVS access to get the
> source code.
>
> Every package will also have to include a README and the license, of
> course.
>
> I'm not that familiar with Savannah, and would prefer to stay focused on
> the coding. So can one of you (Curt? Rich?) take the lead on the
> packaging issues?

I can probably do this (perhaps with some help from Laurent).

This is good timing for me in about three weeks I'm going to be very very
busy (that means no extra time) for the following month or two. So, I will
help out as much as I can over the next couple weeks.

Curt