xboard-devel

[XBoard-devel] ideas for theme support

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: [XBoard-devel] ideas for theme support
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 09:07:29 -0800

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has some good ideas how we can implement theme
support for Winboard and XBoard. Starting with the svg-version (current
git) we already moved the files for the pieces into a svg/<theme
name>/*.svg directory, but there are many other settings that could be
touched by a "theme", e.g. background color/image (some people seem to
like a border around the board), board color/texture.

My basic idea would be to put everything in a /svg/<themename> directory
and for missing files (e.g. if a theme doesn't support one of the many
chess variation we support now) provide a default theme.

Let us know if you have any ideas or if there are some theme-related
features that you really would like to see, so that we can take this
into consideration.

cheers
        ARUN