Re: [XForms] xforms and Ygl

From: vwf
Subject: Re: [XForms] xforms and Ygl
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 14:11:20 +0200

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 01:23:17PM +0200, Jens Thoms Toerring wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 09:27:30AM +0200, vwf wrote:
> > I have some old programs made for SGI. They use (an old version of)
> > XForms and GL. The XForms version was Version 2.1 c (Date:  Oct  6,
> > 1992). Some functions were replaced by others, the warnings are numerous
> > (pointer problems), but an executable is made.
>
> Did you try to compile your program with xforms-1.0.92? Perhaps
> all you need to do is modify a included header file. Or did
> you already try and get lots of compiler warnings?

Hello Jens,

Thank you for your reply. I did it the lazy way and installed the Debian
packages; unfortunately they are version 1.0 (but they show up as 1.0-8,
I therefore thought they were reasonably up-to-date: not). Upgrade this
afternoon.

> You also could try to send me the sourves for one of the pro-
> grams so that I can have a look myself, might be a fun archae-
> ological problem to get it to run;-)

I will spare you this; the source is over 400kB.

Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 13:43:24 +0200
> But I have no ide at the moment why this is happening. It looks
> as something is calling fl_set_graphics_mode() (which isn't
> documented, and perhaps it would be a good idea to simply
> comment that call out, for testing at least...

Commented it out, and now it crashed without any message ...
Upgrade first, and then a debugger. Might be painful. I'm told it will
be a rainy weekend :-)

Thanks again,
Frits