Re: [XForms] xforms color problem

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] xforms color problem
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 13:43:24 +0200

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 11:39:18AM +0200, vwf wrote:
> In addition to my previous posting I have some more information. The app
> dumps core with the following output:
>
> big:~/tester/tester-3_linux$ ./tester
> In CheckGMode [flcolor.c 1211] Not capable of StaticGray at depth=0
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> Can someone tell me what is going wrong?

This error message can be only from a very old XForms version
(xforms-1.0 seems to be the last where this came from line 1211).
But I have no ide at the moment why this is happening. It looks
as something is calling fl_set_graphics_mode() (which isn't
documented, and perhaps it would be a good idea to simply
comment that call out, for testing at least... Where the
following segmentation fault is coming from is hard to say
without a direct look at the source code and perhaps run-
ning the program under a debugger...

                                Regards, Jens