Re: [XForms] New release

From: Paul
Subject: Re: [XForms] New release
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 06:07:52 +0000

Hi Jens, et al,

I've been using 1.0.94pre10 for some time (no problems)
but haven't had the chance to try 11.

Too many projects on the go here already - wish I had time
to get more involved with XForms.

Often I have wondered how regression tests are done on GUI
software.  There must be a way to make a test harness - a
sequence of XForms library calls to build a form, simulated
button and mouse moves to exercise it, and something to check
that the window is correct at the pixel level at each step.

When testing a release here, all I can do is recompile my
applications and try them out, not really a thorough test
as only a few common library functions are called and none
of the new features are put to the test.

I'll give the 1.0.94pre11 a run later today.

--
Paul Nicholson
http://abelian.org