Re: [XForms] New release

From: Paul
Subject: Re: [XForms] New release
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 14:18:55 +0000

Out of habit I force a recompile of applications, just in
case the header has altered any of the interface definition.

Agreed, that is unnecessary for most changes and could actually
hide a defect.

Maybe Xnee could be put to use for regression testing,

 http://itupw056.itu.chalmers.se/project-xnee/

I wish I had more time, perhaps someone on the mailing list
will test if the XForms demo program can be exercised by
using cnee to record and play back a sequence of XEvents.
If that worked, it could be a nice project for someone to
make an XForms test program that exercised all the objects
using cnee.   I suppose at the simplest, it would just
run a sequence of X events into the form and then test
the final window against a reference image.

--
Paul Nicholson