Re: [XForms] Looking for simple example

From: jon
Subject: Re: [XForms] Looking for simple example
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 03:01:11 +0000

> In your case probably this
>
>    fl_addto_form( fd_mixerform->mixerform );
>    tim = fl_add_timer(FL_HIDDEN_TIMER,100,0,0,0,"Time");
>    fl_end_form( );
>
> will do the trick.

Thanks for the reply.  I seem to have miss-read the documentation, it
was probably late at night. The above code works fine, but I need a
timer in milliseconds not seconds.

I found this example online, works fine as stand alone but does not seem
to work if I mix it into the xforms application.

http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=23618&seqNum=14

It must be a common task but I don't seem to making it work, how do I
perform an action at 10Hz or better within an xforms application ?

I need to do some UDP receiving in the background, update controls on
the forms using the UDP data as well as plot pixels on the form using
this data.

At the moment fl_do_forms() seems to block forever, i've read the
documentation and references online, it seems to contradict itself in
several places, I am missing something obvious I guess !  How do I
either:

1) Get a timed callback at a fast enough speed to do some real work
or
2) Have fl_do_forms return control back to a loop so I can do some work.

At the moment I have callbacks for all the controls on the form, these
seem to be working fine.

In places the examples do things like this:
        if ( fl_do_forms( ) == yes )
But I cant see what changes the behaviour of fl_fo_forms() so that it
returns control before the application ends ?

Thanks,
Jon