Re: [XForms] Kudos for UTF-8 support!

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] Kudos for UTF-8 support!
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 14:54:59 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 07:12:41PM -0600, SBP wrote:
> I just wanted to thank you for implementing UTF-8 support in xforms. I
> relaly like this toolkit, and was in search for another because of the
> lack for UTF-8 support, but now the search is over.

Thank you for the kind words! But I have to warn that this is
still a development version. And worse, UTF-8 support hardly
make much sense without TTF/OTF fonts (the X core fonts mostly
don't seem to have any glyphs needed for at least basic UTF-8
support). And I've recently discovered a major snag with the
use of true/open type fonts, due to their use of anti-aliasing.
Solving this will rather likely require quite a bit of work
(as far as I can se the whole system of drawing stuff thas to
be modified). Since I don't have too much free time at the
moment coming up with a stable release version may take much
longer than I had anticipated.

                          Best regards, Jens