xlog-discussion

Re: [Xlog-discussion] Xlog Keyer Bug....

From: Rob Frohne
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Xlog Keyer Bug....
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 22:08:05 -0700

Hi Everyone,

I did a little poking around and looking at the issues involved here,
and I need some advice from those more sage than I when it comes to
programming.  The problem is that in cwdaemon, letters are cued to
unixcw as fast as they come in.  Once they are cued, they cannot be
recalled easily, it appears.

What we want I believe is a message from unixcw when a character is
about to be finished, (maybe when it just finished the last sound of a
character) at which time we can cue another character with unixcw.  In
another thread in cwdaemon, we maintain the buffer that can be edited.

Is this the best way to do this?  Another way would be to assume that
the speed is correct, and do a calculation that tells cwdaemon how long
to wait until it sends the next character.  I am tempted to do this
because I think I have a much better idea how to do it, though it may
not be as accurate as I would like.

What advice does everyone have for me?

Thanks & 73,

Rob, KL7NA