xlog-discussion

Re: [Xlog-discussion] Xlog Keyer Bug....

From: Rob Frohne
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Xlog Keyer Bug....
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 12:56:24 -0700

Hi Tomi,

I did a bit more looking into this, and it appears that the real issue
is at the unixcw level.  That program provides routines that will block
your program until an element is sent, but not for a whole character.
Perhaps Simon can advise us.

Most of us get around the keying problem by using VOX, but not all rigs
have that.

Yes, cwdaemon uses UDP.  TCP/IP has possible issues with no arrival time
guaranteed, but that should be minimal with most CW, and network
connections to localhost.

To  me this problem seems like a pretty serious lack for any program
that actually keys the transmitter.

73,

Rob, KL7NA