Re: [O] [IMPORTANT] Server migration: please update your git repositorie

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] [IMPORTANT] Server migration: please update your git repositories before 31/12/2017
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 12:23:35 +0100

Hi Allen,

Allen Li <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm not sure I understand.  According to the referenced news article,
> Rackspace will continue to service existing FOSS projects (i.e., Org)
> for free.  Shouldn't Rackspace's free pricing be better than vultr's
> $5 hosting?

Here is an excerpt of the email Jason received on Oct 17:

  From: Rackspace <address@hidden>
  Date: Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 3:47 PM
  Subject: Rackspace Cloud Support Update to: Open Source Discount Program

  Thank you for participating in the Open Source Discount program!
  Over the past 3 years, Rackspace has provided over 100 startups with
  discounted cloud infrastructure through this program.  We are proud
  of our contribution in this area, and hope these credits have helped
  contribute to the success of your organization as it has for so many
  others.

  With that said, we have decided that now is the right time to close
  out this program.  On December 31, 2017, the Open Source discount
  program will end, and credits will no longer be applied to your
  account.  You will be responsible for your full invoice amount
  moving forward.

  To help reduce any impact that this may cause to your business, we
  would like to schedule an Account Review.  In this review, we will
  discuss the best options for your account moving forward.  Please
  reply back so that we can set up a day and time works best for this
  review.  You can also call in 1-800-961-4454 and ask for your
  Technical Account Manager.

"You will be responsible for your full invoice amount moving forward."
reads like "You will pay the bill" to me -- and apparently many others
were confused to.

I didn't have time to follow the discussions that followed up and
maybe Rackspace is still sponsoring FLOSS project, I don't know.

But I think the move to another server is a good thing.

Best,

--
 Bastien