ada-mode-users

[Ada-mode-users] [patch] C-u ada-show-references

From: Ludovic Brenta
Subject: [Ada-mode-users] [patch] C-u ada-show-references
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2016 15:31:34 +0200

Hello,

I have rebased and rewritten my earlier patch to support an "append"
mode for ada-show-references without using flet.  This patch also
restores support for the "obj_dir" component of old-style Ada mode
project files, which we still use (we have someone working on
migrating our build processes to GPR project files but this work is
not complete yet).

The technique to avoid flet is the same as in ada-mode 4.0, viz.
store the contents of the compilation-buffer in a variable, call
compilation-start, then restore the contents of the variable into
the buffer.  I suspect there must be a race condition wherein the
results of the new compilation can become interspersed with the
restored contents but we've never experienced this in years practice
and the theoretical effects are not that harmful anyway, so this is
good enough for us.

--
Ludovic Brenta.