ada-mode-users

Re: savannah git repository now available

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: savannah git repository now available
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 16:41:28 -0800

> .git/HEAD contains refs/heads/master, but .git/refs/heads is empty. It
> should have at least one file, master, containing the commit-id of the head
> rev.

There is no branch named "master".

Apparently git relies a lot on several defaults; a "master" branch, an
"origin" remote.

<rant> The real remote is "savannah"; why can't I just use that name?
and all the branch names are imported from monotone; why does git assume
- without checking! - there is one named "master"?
</rant>

> Now, why isn't so, I have no idea. I mean, it is possible to clone with
> --bare and then check out the org.emacs.ada-mode branch, as Simon pointed
> out. Or use -b in the clone command.

So you must use -b to override the default branch "master".

I'll see if I can get the savannah team to modify the git clone command
in https://savannah.nongnu.org/git/?group=ada-mode

--
-- Stephe