Re: [Adonthell-devel] Python 3.0

From: Andrew Phillips
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Python 3.0
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 07:57:58 -0600

Kai,

My apologies for not responding sooner. I looked over the release notes. There was a note in there that 3.0 is deliberately not backward compatible with 2.x. I don't know how drastically they changed the core language. There are some things that probably aren't going to matter to us, such as changing print to require the same syntax as a function call, rather than working either as a function or a built-in statement.

Thanks

Andrew

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 7:31 AM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:
2008/12/4 Andrew Phillips <address@hidden>:

> I will look over the version 3 changelog and release notes to see what
> features and fixes are in 3.0 and if there are any specific notes on
> backward compatibility. I've never gone over an entire code base from the
> perspective of a language version change, so I will be learning as I go.

SWIG 1.3.37 (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/swig/swig-1.3.37.tar.gz)
has been released with Python 3 support. Could be time to grab that
and see whether Adonthell can be compiled with that and Python 3.0.
Then see whether it runs ...

Kai