Re: [Adonthell-devel] py-wrappers and rpath

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] py-wrappers and rpath
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 00:05:30 +0200

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 9:49 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2011/8/15 Michał Kaliński <address@hidden>:
>
>> A segfault when I try to interact with the other character:
>
> Looking into that right now. My fault for only testing with SDL 1.3 :-(

One or two bugs fixed, but there are still more in there. I do hope it
all boils down to the way conversation.cc deletes its child widgets
while in a callback originating from one of those widgets. That's
certainly a no-no.

Not sure if its something that people simply must avoid when building
the user interface, or whether the GUI module itself should prevent
this. It could use an event mechanism instead of the direct callbacks
to decouple sending events and reacting on them. The framework for
that should already be present in the events module.

Maybe I should spend some time on this ... but I'm up to suggestions.

Kai