Re: [Adonthell-devel] Jumping and sliding glitches

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Jumping and sliding glitches
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 21:11:26 +0200

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 9:01 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

> This looks indeed as if it is broken. Maybe the bbox used in
> moving::calculate_ground_pos() is either off, or it's simply too large
> so that it catches adjacent wall objects when it shouldn't. Have you
> tried shrinking it by a pixel?

So that did fix the issue? That was easy, then. Just wondering about

 const vector3<s_int32> max (min.x() + placeable::length() - 1,
min.y() + placeable::width() - 1, z() - 1);

Shouldn't that be -2 since we added +1 to min in the previous line?
Otherwise the problem might persist when facing the wall from north or
east.

And yeah, I must admit that maybe chunk::objects_in_bbox does not do
the right thing in these border cases. OTOH, not sure what changing
that will break in turn.

Kai