Re: [Adonthell-general] Getting contributors (was Re: Kudos on [Adonthel

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Getting contributors (was Re: Kudos on [Adonthell-Devel])
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 22:06:53 +0100

On Jan 19, 2008 3:52 PM, James Nash <address@hidden> wrote:

It's been quite for a while (and I've been busy otherwise too), but I
should at least give a brief status update:

I have removed a couple people from the Savannah project (also got one
reply to the mails I sent out first, with the prospect of future
involvement). There are still a couple of people that I didn't want to
kick out just yet, but at least we're under 10 now.

We also have a DB available at linuxgames.com and are free to either
install a CMS (or roll our own PHP based stuff). Downside is that
there is no direct shell access. It should be possible to setup a
local test system and ftp stuff to the server once it works, however.
I could also go ahead and setup phpMyAdmin if that would be of any
help (Let me know, James).

I haven't yet posted anything on LGT Game of the Month (was a bit
discouraged by Ingo, actually), but so far we have two more interested
developers: Stanislav and Rian. Thanks guys!
(Seems the stuff I put up on the Wiki seems to get noticed.)

Somewhat unrelated to this, I also did most changes for a v0.3.5
release. Only waiting for Clément to complete the French translation
(take your time though, we're not in a hurry!)

Right now I am a bit unsure what to do next. Try to raise more
interest now, or try and finish alpha 2 and use that to raise more
interest. Thoughts welcome!

Kai