[Adonthell-general] SRPMS for Adonthell and Waste's Edge

From: Mathieu Bridon
Subject: [Adonthell-general] SRPMS for Adonthell and Waste's Edge
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 23:56:24 +0100

Hi !

First of all, I have to say that I'm not sure if this mailing-list is
the right place to send this message but I didn't find anything that
seemed more apropriate on adonthell's website.

I've been trying to build Adonthell SRPM on Fedora 8 and I'm facing
some issues...

First, I tried to build it from SPEC file, and it returned me the
follownig error:
$ rpmbuild -ba rpmbuild/SPECS/adonthell.spec
erreur: Legacy syntax is unsupported: copyright
erreur: ligne 16: tag inconnu: Copyright: GPL

After some further investigation, it seems like the "Copyright" tag was
deprecated some years ago, and was replaced by the "License" tag
(here's a link explaining that:
http://yate.null.ro/archive/?action=show_msg&actionargs%5B%5D=4&actionargs%5B%5D=53)

I then tried to replace this tag by the right one and then:
$ rpmbuild -ba rpmbuild/SPECS/adonthell.spec
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..    -DOGG_MUSIC -I/usr/include/SDL
-D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/python2.5
-DPY_DEBUG  -g -Wall -fno-exceptions -DSWIG_GLOBAL
-DDATA_DIR="\"/usr/share/adonthell\""  -c -o adonthell.o `test -f
'adonthell.cc' || echo './'`adonthell.cc drawing_area.h:159: error:
extra qualification 'drawing_area::' on member 'operator='
python_class.h:132: error: extra qualification 'python::' on member
'ptr_to_string'
(the configure passed fine, the error is returned during 'make').

Any idea ?

Thanks

Mathieu