anarchdb-devel

Re: [Anarchdb-devel] Anarch-db devel

From: Francois Gombault
Subject: Re: [Anarchdb-devel] Anarch-db devel
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 09:32:43 +0100

Ville Takanen wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm Ville Takanen
> I have some software developement (6 years) behind my back. Mainly in java
> or some obscure ancient language (like cobol or pl/1)
>
> I do not have much time out of my daily job to develop, but I can do
> something (test/cross-compile etc) and I'd like to pop in to the
> conversation in daily digest I just recieved.

Wonderful. Welcome. :)

> X-Platform compatibility is the best feature of ardb, and I do feel that it
> should not be discarded (as I happen to run 64bit version of ARDB on my 64
> bit linux currently, or semi 64bit but...).

Yesterday I was about to archive my cross-compiling environment to make
it available for you, but my power supply unit died with a *pop* when I
switch on my computer. This is bad luck.
I'll fix it ASAP and I'll get back to you when I'm done.

> So, whoever is the new head of developement, please count me in on your
> resource pool.

I'm still "head" for now, until someone else manages to build a win32
ARDB.exe.

> Basicly I should be able to provide binaries for win32/ubuntu64.

You'll need a dev account on Savannah in order to submit the patches
fixing your platform-specific glitches.

--
Francois Gombault
I AM NOT HERE ON A FARTBALL SCHOLARSHIP -- Bart Simpson on chalkboard