[Aspell-user] Aspell 0.50.1 on WinXP

From: Francois Boudreau
Subject: [Aspell-user] Aspell 0.50.1 on WinXP
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:01:18 -0400

I have only good news too. :) (almost)

Aspell 0.50.1 compiles perfectly on winXP using cygwin. Even with -O3. By
the way O3 reduced cygaspell-15.dll size from 6 megs to 1 and
cygaspell-common-0-50-1.dll from 2 to 0.5. That was a shock to me.

The dlls work fine with VC++. I failed to do implicit linking (No .lib,
tried .dll.a, VC++ complained) but explicit linking worked fine
(LoadLibrary, GetProcAddress, FreeLibrary).

Aspell english dictionary seems to be very good. I was impressed to see all
my favorite philosophers in there, including Zarathustra.

What does maintaining the Win32 binary/library implies?

Francois Boudreau