Re: TeX-remove-style-hook is local

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: TeX-remove-style-hook is local
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 13:16:29 +0900

> `TeX-normal-mode' has always saved the auto files, it explicitly
> let-binds TeX-auto-save to t.  I wonder if users that don't use
> TeX-auto-save also never use C-x C-n or if the auto files actually don't
> bother them.

Ah, sorry, I was talking about the behavior of TeX-arg-document, not
TeX-normal-mode itself. I suppose the users who keep TeX-auto-save nil
pay attention not to type C-c C-n. But if TeX-arg-document calls
TeX-normal-mode inside it, typing C-c C-e document unconditionally
creates "auto" subdirectory even for such users.

> Indeed.  Maybe we could arrange that TeX-auto-write/store in the case of
> (null TeX-auto-save) don't create the auto directory and save the
> auto/mydoc.el file but just keep the buffer that's going to be written
> to mydoc.el.  Then TeX-load-style could be changed that it also looks
> for that buffer instead only for the file.

I suppose you are assuming that the buffer mydoc.el survives across
emacs sessions by desktop.el or something. That may be another
interesting solution, indeed.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita