Re: [AUCTeX] preview background

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] preview background
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 03:23:40 +0100

"Sebastian N. Fischmeister" <address@hidden> writes:

>> Are you using PDFLaTeX or LaTeX? I had a problem with using
>> PDF-mode a couple of months ago:
>>
>> <URL:http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-auctex/2005-04/
>> msg00012.html>
>>
>> It appears to work for me now except for very small flaws
>> (screenshot below).
>
> Thanks. It now works. This did the trick:
>

> (add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook
>         '(lambda ()
>            (TeX-PDF-mode-on)
>            ))

This is nonsense.  TeX-PDF-mode-on is an internal routine just to be
used from the parsing routines.  It is not equivalent to (TeX-PDF-mode
1), and if you want automatic PDF mode, you should just
M-x customize-variable RET TeX-PDF-mode RET
anyway.

> However, I have the same problem as you, that it falls back to the
> color black in the equation. Also the Figures' captions are still in
> black-on-black.

Well, wherever the color in the PostScript is set to something
explicit, this color change is followed.  As I explained, there is not
much more than setting canvas and drawing color at the start of the
picture and hoping for the best.