Re: [AUCTeX] auctex 11.82 and carbon xemacs

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] auctex 11.82 and carbon xemacs
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:54:03 +0100

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * David Kastrup (2006-03-15) writes:
>
>> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> As a workaround it will probably be enough to refrain from
>>> activating the LaTeX tool bar.  (Activation has to be done manually
>>> in 11.82.)
>>
>> Ah, ok.  But we changed this in CVS already, didn't we?
>
> Yes, but apparently not for XEmacs.

Not?  Then what triggered Thomas' error?

> It's maybe not too bad an idea to leave it that way for now if it
> makes trouble with the Carbon port.

I have no reasonable plan of what would lead to the best results
soonest where XEmacs is concerned.  IIRC, the XEmacs Carbon port was
considered to be one of the more unstable things to have around.  If
it is just that platform that is failing, I don't think we are doing
people a particular favor by hiding this.