[AUCTeX] auctex 11.82 and carbon xemacs

From: Thomas A. Schmitz
Subject: [AUCTeX] auctex 11.82 and carbon xemacs
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 23:14:34 +0100

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.

If the bug (or problem) is triggered by a specific (La)TeX
file, you should try to produce a minimal sample file showing the
problem and include it in your report.

Your bug report will be posted to the AUCTeX mailing list.

I tried to update auctex to the latest stable version,
11.82. Configure, make, make install into XEmacs application bundle
worked. auctex works with ConTeXt files. When I open a LaTeX file with
this version of auctex, XEmacs freezes with this error message in the
minibuffer: Invalid operation: Can't append item to toolbar for frame,
#<carbon-frame "XEmacs" 0xb8c>

Reverting auctex to the version in the sumo package makes this problem
go away.

Emacs : XEmacs 21.5 (beta23) "daikon" [Lucid] (powerpc-apple- darwin8.5.0, Mule) of Tue Mar 14 2006 on G5.local
Package: AUCTeX CVS-1.13 (2005-02-11)

current state:
(setq
window-system 'carbon
LaTeX-version "2e"
TeX-style-path '("style/" "auto/"
"/Applications/XEmacs.app/Contents/Resources/lib/xemacs/xemacs- packages/etc/auctex/style/" "/Applications/XEmacs.app/Contents/ Resources/lib/xemacs/xemacs-packages/etc/auctex/auto/")
TeX-auto-save nil
TeX-parse-self nil
TeX-master t
)