Re: [AUCTeX] entering \[ \] pairs.

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] entering \[ \] pairs.
Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 08:20:11 +0200

* Maarten Bergvelt (2008-05-02) writes:

> How do I enter \[ \] pairs such that the cursor ends up in between?

You could define a function doing that and assign it to a key binding of
your liking.

> I find the whole business of entering pairs confusing:
> For instance, I can enter
>
> () pairs using M-(,

This comes from Lisp editing.

> \left( \right) using \left and macro completion

Not sure where this comes from.

> {} pairs using C-{

This is an AUCTeX function.

> Is there a uniform way of entering such pairs?

For simple pairs, i.e. those started with a single character, you can
use `skeleton-pair-insert-maybe', see (info "(autotype)Inserting Pairs").

For something like \[ \] one would probably need something like manually
triggered completion by typing some key binding with point after the
opening \[.  I don't know if something like this already exists.