[AUCTeX] file variable for View command

From: Renee Klawitter
Subject: [AUCTeX] file variable for View command
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 21:51:32 +0200

Hi!

I am writing my diploma thesis and auctex really works like a
charm for me!

Only one thing I would like to do: I use pstricks extensively so auctex
decides to view the document with dvips && gv. But xdvi is much better
suited as the document grows rather rapidly at the moment and I like
to go from and to the correct source position. So I've overwritten the
corresponding line in the TeX-output-view-style variable to use xdvi
whether there pstricks is used or not.
Now, when I want to edit my pstricks graphics - which are in separate
files - auctex will invoke xdvi also. But dvips && gv would be better
suited in this situation.

So my question is: Is there any possibility to locally define in the
file the viewing program auctex has to use ?

Thanks a lot, Renee.

p.s.: I looked into defining TeX-output-view-style locally but this
does not make that much sense in my opinion, but then again am I new
to customization in Auctex ...