Re: [AUCTeX] TeXLive2011 Biber environment problem

From: Guilhem Bourrié
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] TeXLive2011 Biber environment problem
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 22:02:56 +0200

In your .tex file, you must have a command such as:

\usepackage{csquotes}
\usepackage[backend=biber,style=authoryear,sorting=nyt]{biblatex}
\addbibresource{/Users/haines/<pathname of your .bib file>/<mybiblio>.bib}
\begin{document}
\cite{<some key of your .bib file>}
\printbibliography
\end{document}

see the biblatex.pdf manual, you can obtain by: texdoc biblatex

you must not load some packages that are not compatible with biber, such as bibunits, chapterbib, natbib, as biber offers the same facilities and many more.

The commands are then:

pdflatex <myfile>.tex

biber <myfile>   % without the suffix .tex, or.bcf

and run another time

pdflatex <myfile>.tex

I run it by the terminal, with aquamacs and AucTeX, though I did not modify AucTeX to have biber command in the GUI.

best wishes,

Guilhem Bourrié