[AUCTeX] Indent level in itemize

From: Stefano Lodi
Subject: [AUCTeX] Indent level in itemize
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 11:21:33 +0000

How can I configure auc-tex to get the following indentation?

\begin{itemize}
  \item This is the first item in my list,
    with a pretty useless text in it

My goal is to make my LaTeX sources compatible with other editors,
notably WinEdt, which by default indent this way.

Up to now I have only managed to remove the
back indentation of \item, which is not satisfactory
because in an item text lines following the
first one are not indented with respect to \item:

\begin{itemize}
  \item  This is the first  item in my list,
  with a pretty useless text in it

Thanks,

Stefano