Re: [AUCTeX] font-latex-script-char-face

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] font-latex-script-char-face
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 14:37:33 +0100

Colin Baxter <address@hidden> writes:

> I want to remove, outside of custom-set-faces, the foreground color option to
> font-latex-script-char-face. I've tried various combinations of
>
> (setq font-latex-script-char-face ((t nil)))
>
> all to non-avail. I'd be grateful for help. Thanks.

Emacs manual says[1]

    Normally, a face is declared just once, using defface, and any
    further changes to its appearance are applied using the Customize
    framework (e.g., via the Customize user interface or via the
    custom-set-faces function; see Applying Customizations), or by face
    remapping (see Face Remapping). In the rare event that you need to
    change a face spec directly from Lisp, you can use the face-spec-set
    function.

Since `font-latex-script-char-face' is declared with `defface', I would
try something like this (I didn't try, though):

    (face-spec-set font-latex-script-char-face
                   '((t nil)))

Best, Arash

Footnotes:
[1]