Re: [AUCTeX] Carets and underscores become red occasionally in math mode

From: Kourosh Kalayeh
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Carets and underscores become red occasionally in math mode .
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2018 21:53:33 -0400

On 13 Aug 2018, at 15:31, Arash Esbati wrote:

"Kourosh Kalayeh" <address@hidden> writes:

I have a minor question regarding the syntax highlighting in math mode
that has been bugging me for a while.  I was wondering if anyone can
help me with that.  Here it is,
AUCTeX sometimes color the caret (^) and the underscore (_) red in
math mode (which should normally be orange).  I could not find the
reason of this behavior. For example look at the attached two
screenshots, they are both from one document, in one of them
everything is orange, and in the other one the caret and underscore
signs are red.
I use “align” environment for my equations.

Hi Kourosh,

I can't reproduce what you're describing.  This is how your examples
look for me. N.B. I don't use any themes or any customization to AUCTeX
fonts:

Maybe you disable any themes (if any) and try it again.  For the next
time, please also send some code which can be copy&pasted; it is tedious
to type code.  Here the code I used:

\documentclass[10pt]{article}

\usepackage{amsmath}

\begin{document}
\begin{align}
  \label{eq:1}
  \Phi(\lambda_1, \lambda_2, \lambda_3) = \sum_{n=1}^N
  \frac{\mu_n}{\alpha_n} (\lambda_1 ^ {\alpha_n} + \lambda_2 ^
  {\alpha_n} + \lambda_3 ^ {\alpha_n} -3),
\end{align}
increment $t$,
\begin{align}
  \label{eq:2}
  \matr{\ddot{u}} |_{(t)} = \matr{M} ^ {-1 \cdot (\matr{P} - \matr{I})
  |_{(t)}}.
\end{align}
\end{document}

Best, Arash

Hi Arash,

Thank you for your time writing back to me and sorry about not providing you with the related codes. I will keep that in mind for future references. I disabled my loaded theme but the issue persists. Any other suggestion?

Thanks,
Kourosh