Re: Forward and inverse search integration with latex-preview-pane.

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: Forward and inverse search integration with latex-preview-pane.
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2021 10:57:13 +0200

Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm currently using auctex and latex-preview-pane,
> <https://github.com/jsinglet/latex-preview-pane>, with the following
> initialization configuration:
>
> (use-package latex-preview-pane
>   :hook
>   (TeX-mode . latex-preview-pane-mode)
> )
>
> I want to know whether it's possible for me to enable forward and
> inverse search  between the preview window of latex-preview-pane and
> tex source code window.

I don't use latex-preview-pane, but my understanding is that
forward/backward search is not possible by design.  latex-preview-pane
uses doc-view.el which converts pdf files to png images via ghostscript.
>From doc-view.el:

    ;;; Commentary:

    ;; DocView is a document viewer for Emacs.  It converts a number of
    ;; document formats (including PDF, PS, DVI, Djvu and ODF files) to a
    ;; set of PNG files, one PNG for each page, and displays the PNG
    ;; images inside an Emacs buffer.

I think pdf-tools is more appropriate for your requirements.

    https://github.com/politza/pdf-tools

AUCTeX has support for pdf-tools builtin.

Best, Arash