Re: Forward and inverse search integration with latex-preview-pane.

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: Forward and inverse search integration with latex-preview-pane.
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2021 12:33:39 +0200

Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Jul 5, 2021 at 4:57 PM Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> wrote:
>>
>> I think pdf-tools is more appropriate for your requirements.
>>
>>     https://github.com/politza/pdf-tools
>>
>> AUCTeX has support for pdf-tools builtin.
>
> Thank you for letting me know this. Then what's the corresponding
> configuration options for this feature?

Using the Custom-interface and selecting 'PDF Tools' for 'Viewer' for
'output-pdf'.  Or if you prefer setting it in your init file with
something like this:

    (setq TeX-view-program-selection '((output-pdf "PDF Tools")))

Also searching AUCTeX manual for PDF Tools might give you more insights
(e.g. about using `TeX-after-compilation-finished-hook').

Best, Arash