Re: Failed to skip from chapter tex file to master pdf file.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Failed to skip from chapter tex file to master pdf file.
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 15:12:37 +0800

On Sun, Jul 11, 2021 at 2:55 PM Mandar Mitra <mandar.mitra@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > When I open a new .tex file, I'm prompted for the master file. If I
> > > provide a
> > > file name, it's automatically quoted.
> >
> > More precisely, that occurs when TeX-master is customized to nil, as
> > described above.
>
> Indeed. I suppose I've gotten so used to my customisations, I think of them
> as the default, sorry!
>

> > That's TeX-master-file-ask, bound to C-c _ and available in menu item
> > LaTeX->Multifile/Parsing ->Set Master File also.
>
> The other command that I sometimes find useful is TeX-normal-mode, with or
> without a prefix (bound to (C-u) C-c # by default).

I can't find enough correlations between these two commands. Below is
the description for TeX-normal-mode:

```
TeX-normal-mode is an interactive compiled Lisp function in ‘tex.el’.

(TeX-normal-mode &optional ARG)

Remove all information about this buffer, and apply the style hooks again.
Save buffer first including style information.
With optional argument ARG, also reload the style hooks.
```

Regards
Theory and Simulation of Materials
No. 473, Quannan West Street, Xindu District, Xingtai, Hebei province