Font-lock error when using "flyspell-buffer" upon opening a tex file

From: Ruiyang Wu
Subject: Font-lock error when using "flyspell-buffer" upon opening a tex file
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2023 13:29:56 -0500

Hi,

I use the following code to load “flyspell-mode” automatically and run
"flyspell-buffer” once immediately after opening a tex file:

> (add-hook 'text-mode-hook
>    (lambda () (turn-on-flyspell)))
> (add-hook 'flyspell-mode-hook
>    (lambda ()  (flyspell-buffer)))

This used to work very well, but since commit ab3bfaf1, I started to get a lot
of error messages in *Messages* buffer, all having the following format:
> Error during redisplay: (internal--syntax-propertize 102952) signaled (error
> "Font-lock trying to use keywords before setting them up”)

Aside from the error messages, everything seems to work correctly, i.e.,
"flyspell-buffer” gives the expected result. But I would still like to get rid
of the errors. Could you help me with that? Thank you very much!

Best,
Ruiyang