Re: [f77] Disable C comments in config.h

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: [f77] Disable C comments in config.h
Date: 05 Sep 2001 13:42:17 +0200

>>>>> "Denis" == Denis Barbier <address@hidden> writes:

Denis> On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 09:55:34AM +0200, Akim Demaille wrote:
Denis> [...]  Hi, AIX Fortran compiler dislikes C comments in
Denis> config.h; it would be nice to have a macro to disable such
Denis> comments (i mean a documented macro ;)), [...]
>> Anyway, back to this issue: what do you mean by ``dislikes'':
>> warns, or chokes?

Denis> Aborts compilation.

Any other means to handle this issue?  Such as finding an option to
have it accept these comments?

What would you people advise?  Plain and simple removal?  Who should
do that?  autoheader could, of course, but then since anyway
config.status adds its signature in a comment, it doesn't change much.

For the time being, I would strongly suggest outputting say
config.hdr, and use sed to build config.h from it, stripping the
comments, for we are certainly hitting something which needs brains
and work to be done properly..