Re: cache directory is not removed

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: cache directory is not removed
Date: 05 Jun 2002 09:38:18 -0400

> * In message <address@hidden>
> * On the subject of "Re: cache directory is not removed"
> * Sent on 05 Jun 2002 09:08:46 +0200

> Sam> when I run autoconf the usual way, it runs "autom4te" which
> Sam> creates cache directory "autom4te-2.53.cache" and does not remove
> Sam> it at the end.  I think that this directory should be deleted
> Sam> before `autom4te' terminates.
>
> No, the point is precisely to speed up following calls to autoheader
> automake etc.

so, what do people do about these directories in the projects under the
CVS?
`rm -rf` them after `make configures`?
put them into .cvsignore?
is it possible to add a --remove-cache or --no-cache option?

you see, I call automake/autoheader/autoconf very rarely (obviously),
so I do not care if it takes 1sec  or 10sec once a month,
while having a junk cache dirs is no good.

please do listen: this is a __MAJOR__ inconvenience introduced in 2.53.

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat7.2 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>