Re: AT_line undefined when trying to use autotest

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: AT_line undefined when trying to use autotest
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 21:13:48 +0000 (UTC)

Christopher Hulbert <cchgroupmail <at> gmail.com> writes:

> >  According to Christopher Hulbert on 2/22/2008 2:18 PM:
> >
> > | I'm looking into converting some existing test methods to use
> >  | autotest. In doing so I ran into a problem that autom4te complained
> >  | AT_line was undefined.
> >
> >  You invoked AT_CHECK outside of a AT_SETUP/AT_CLEANUP pair.  Hmm, maybe it
> >  would be nicer to make AT_CHECK issue a nicer warning if users make this
> >  mistake.  But for now, I'll just do a documentation patch:
>
> Thanks. I can't believe I missed that!

FYI - Since just documenting the issue was the lazy way out, I've now submitted
a code patch that makes this scenario much nicer for detection (ie. the error
message states "AT_CHECK: missing AT_SETUP detected" and no longer mentions the
cryptic AT_line):

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.autoconf.patches/5385

--
Eric Blake