Re: Getting a list of available C compilers

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: Getting a list of available C compilers
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 17:33:17 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 3 Nov 2009, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

* Steffen Dettmer wrote on Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 02:58:30PM CET:
On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 1:49 AM, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
names='gcc gcc[0-9_-]* cc c89 c99 cgcc clang llvm-gcc sdcc tcc
      xlc xlc_r bgxlc icc ecc pgcc pathcc ccc nvcc cl bcc bcc32'
... dir in $PATH /usr/ucb,ext in '' .exe ...
     cand=$dir/$name$ext
     if test -f "$cand"; then

interesting that this looks for "cl.exe" but not for "CL.EXE".

You didn't quote the part where I wrote "untested".  I have not tested
the code in any way whatsoever, nor spent all that much time writing it.
Adding CL.EXE may be prudent for wine.

It may be prudent if the port of the shell to wine doesn't work properly.
(since the underlying filesystem is caseless, the port should take that
into account).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net