Re: A Closer Look at GNU AutoTools

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: A Closer Look at GNU AutoTools
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 17:52:58 -0700

Shawn H Corey wrote:
How on Earth do you expect somebody who does know very much about
autoconf be able to correct the problems?

I expect them to make constructive and specific suggestions, which have been in short supply in this thread but which have occurred in the past and, I hope, the future.

It's not like there is an army of well-paid developers to maintain this stuff. It's only a thin time-slice of a small number of volunteers, all of who have more-important things to do. If you make specific and clear suggestions for improvements, the manuals will likely get improved. If you merely kvetch, you'll likely just waste your time and ours. It's not an ideal situation, but that's life.