Re: Using autoconf for a shared library

From: Marco Maggi
Subject: Re: Using autoconf for a shared library
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 15:47:59 +0200

Thomas Nyberg wrote:
> I've been reading the manuals for autoconf/automake and have been
> unable to get a setup working correctly with autoconf.

It  is a  bit overkill,  but: when  I start  a new  project I  copy this
template project:

               <https://github.com/marcomaggi/cctemplate>

and  customise it.   It is  just  a template  for a  C language  library
project, it does nothing in itself.   You just read the REAMDE, then you
go around substituting the string "cctemplate" with your project's name,
renaming  files to  your  liking  both in  the  directories  and in  the
"Makefile.am" template.

  C source files are under the "src" directory; test files are under the
"tests" directory.  Documentation  in Texinfo format is  under the "doc"
directory.  If  you need some  help with  the customisation, drop  me an
email.

HTH
--
"Now feel the funk blast!"
Rage Against the Machine - "Calm like a bomb"