[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Any chance to make a new autoconf release?

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Any chance to make a new autoconf release?
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2020 19:11:06 -0700
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/68.8.0

On 10/12/19 4:13 PM, Noah Misch wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 05, 2019 at 03:09:16PM -0800, Paul Eggert wrote:
>> How about if I turn the crank and release what's in master now? That is,
>> I run 'make fetch' and update the copyright year and NEWS and so forth,
>> but don't make any material changes. The fixes in master should be good
>> enough to release now, even if they're not what we'd like to do if we
>> had more time.
>> We've had several requests to do a new release and nothing has happened.
>> At least releasing what we've got will make *something* happen.
> Sounds good to me.  If master has known, material regressions over 2.69, that
> would be cause to delay.  The mere existence of unreviewed patches or bugs
> present in both 2.69 and master needn't delay it.

As you can see from the Savannah repository for Autoconf
<> I finally started the ball
rolling on this, and Zack Weinberg has volunteered to make a beta and push out a
new release sooner rather than later. Thaks, Zack!

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]