Re: My project can't use `silent-rules'

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: My project can't use `silent-rules'
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 20:17:25 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 17 May 2009, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

I still owe you large quantities of beer. However, in order to clarify, I would like to be able to execute configure script shell script code (more like a configure test) and not generate a new configure script just because the version has changed.

As further clarification of "execute configure script shell code", this is how I execute an exernal script at the moment to obtain package version (as well as shared library versioning).

AC_INIT(magick/magick.h)
. ${srcdir}/version.sh
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE($PACKAGE_NAME,"${PACKAGE_VERSION}${PACKAGE_VERSION_ADDENDUM}",
' ')

The package name, version, tarball naming, and shared library versioning information all come from this external script. All working fine since late 2002.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn