Re: [GSoC] Proposal for "Parse Makefile.am using an AST"

From: Kip Warner
Subject: Re: [GSoC] Proposal for "Parse Makefile.am using an AST"
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2018 14:00:32 -0800

On Sun, 2018-03-04 at 16:20 +0100, Matthias Paulmier wrote:
> If you have any suggestions on documents I can read or software I can
> check to prepare for this project I'll be glad to check them. I know
> texinfo is written in Perl and generates an AST so I'll check that.

Hey Matthias,

I think that is a great idea and I commend you for wanting to
contribute to GNU Automake. I use it nearly everyday in my work.

I don't have much to suggest. As I recall Automake is written mostly in
Perl which is not a language I have much experience with. However, if
you plan on using a native system language like C++, consider looking
at flexc++(1) and bisonc++(1).

Yours truly,

--
Kip Warner | Senior Software Engineer