Re: [avr-chat] Problem writing fuse bytes to atmega128 - timeout error

From: Graham Davies
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Problem writing fuse bytes to atmega128 - timeout error
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 07:42:32 -0500

Thomas Richter wrote:

yes, I have used the JTAG interface to program the flash ...

Well, try using JTAG to set the clock fuses back to the internal clock.  Or,
do a full chip erase.  If you can get into the MCU with JTAG and do an erase
and your problem persists, I don't think the problem can be in the MCU and
you then need to look elsewhere.  Unless the MCU is fried.

Graham.