Re: [avr-chat] Storing B&W bitmap images into Flash : file format sugges

From: Juergen Harms
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Storing B&W bitmap images into Flash : file format suggestion ?
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 13:05:48 +0100

For image development and storage on the host I would stick to Gimp - the list of formats that Gimp can produce / import reads like a who's-who of available formats. Gimp claims that it also can produce C-code (I never had a look at that and do not know what that precisely means, but I would guess that it allows to directly import a bitmap into the source code of your application). You may, though, need to specify what formats you want Gimp to specifically support when you install Gimp.

In case your display is an eDIP 240, I have a library for driving the device from an AVR (SPI) which might help you (my driver is for a GUI control application though; I never tried bitmaps, but that should not make much difference).