[avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc adding 'cli's in function prologues...

From: Ludovic COURTES
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc adding 'cli's in function prologues...
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 10:07:43 +0200

Hi !

I've noticed that gcc was sometimes adding some 'cli's in function
prologues (just before changing the stack pointer as far as I can
remember), but without re-enabling interrupts afterward.

As I'm using an home-made micro-kernel which uses timer interrupt,
I am having some troubles when calling this function. But gcc only
do that on some functions apparently.

Therefore, I'd like to know what's gcc doing, and whether there is
a way to bypass this.

Thanks.

--
Ludovic Courtes
  University of Technology of Belfort-Montbeliard