Re: [avr-gcc-list] uisp with segmentation fault

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] uisp with segmentation fault
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 19:53:49 +0100

> Recompile uisp with debug symbold and run in gdb. When the crash happens,
> type "bt" and post the backtrace.
Line 191 : strcmp(val, "........

val is a char * which gives a value from getCmdParm. The needed
parameter
is the dprog from the comandline. I have used the old syntac with
-dstk200
while the new is -dprog=stk200. After use uisp with -dprog
all is running now. But the GetCmdParam should give an error but donĀ“t!
Segmentation fault is not the correct answer for stupied users :-)
It is some kind of mystyrious, cause on the newer linux box the uisp
returns with error message:
Programming method is not selected.

But the program is static linked, so there is no library problem.

I used latest version downloaded yesterday uisp-20011025.tgz

Thanks and Bye
Klaus