[avr-gcc-list] LIBRARY

From: Glen Bankston
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] LIBRARY
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 08:24:40 -0500

Hello,

Being new to avr-gcc, how does one find a list of all the library functions
available?  I have been searching through the source files, but that takes
lot of time.  Has anyone compiled a single document listing the prototypes
and
a brief explanation of the functions?

I am going to use the mega128 on a project that needs trig, floating point,
and
a user port dedicated to one of the serial ports.  I need more information
also
on avr-gcc's IEEE floating point differences, for one of my external
devices
speaks in IEEE floating point binary (32 bit).

IEEE: SEEEEEEE EMMMMMMM MMMMMMMM MMMMMMMM
GCC:  SEEEEEEE MMMMMMMM MMMMMMMM MMMMMMMM
where S = sign bit, E = exponent, and M = mantissa

This is what I see as the difference, any comments?

Right now, I have done all the customer's coding in assembly on an 8535
(including
fp and trig in assembly) and we just filled the flash.

Thanks,

Glen Bankston
Microsystems Engineering
Moultrie, GA