Re: [avr-gcc-list] coff files in avr studio...

From: webmaster
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] coff files in avr studio...
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 14:42:39 +0200

Dont know if this solves your problem, but AVRstudio will look for the
needed source (.S)  file as well as the .cof file; in the same directory.
Without this file present, you cannot utilize the cof file.

Correct usage for Elf2Coff is like this:

    elfcoff [elf file] [output path] [output filename] {source dump}

The elfcoff line in my makefile looks something like this:

 $(ELFCOF) $< $(OUT) $@ $*.sym

which translates into:  elfcoff inputfile outpath outputfile output.sym

Seems elfcoff produces the .S file needed by AVRstudio from the .sym file.
Try to change your command line and see if this helps...

Best regards,

                    Eivind :-)